Welcome to our Laboratory
The Campus Health & Wellbeing laboratory offers lab testing as a service to enrolled students and is provided by the health services fee included in tuition. Enrolled students, who have In-House laboratory tests performed – ordered by a Campus Health & Wellbeing medical provider, are performed at no additional cost. Lab tests sent to a reference laboratory are available at a minimal cost and are performed at Quest Diagnostics, a clinical laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
Laboratory Test Pricing
Private Physician Lab Orders
The Campus Health & Wellbeing laboratory will assist students who come to the lab with laboratory orders from their personal physicians (physicians not associated with Cal Poly Campus Health & Wellbeing). Private physician lab orders and collected specimens are sent directly to Quest Diagnostics and are NOT performed by the Cal Poly laboratory. The results will be faxed from Quest directly to the ordering physician noted on the lab order.
The Cal Poly laboratory does not receive private physician lab order results that are not part of the student’s health record here at Cal Poly Campus Health & Wellbeing.
What does a student need to bring with them to the laboratory?
- Formal and complete orders for lab work. In order to process your lab order and comply with regulatory requirements, the following information must be on the lab order:
- Patient’s full name and date of birth
- Patient’s address and phone number
- Ordering provider’s signature, office address, phone number and fax number
- ICD-10 codes or diagnosis narrative
- Clearly defined lab tests requested to be performed
- If any of the above information is missing from your lab order, please contact your doctor’s office and have the completed lab order faxed directly to the Cal Poly Campus Health & Wellbeing laboratory - Fax # (805) 756-5416.
- Up to date billing or private health insurance information. The insurance card or a copy of both the front and back of the insurance card must be presented along with the laboratory order at the time of the initial visit.
Quest Diagnostics will bill your insurance if your insurance plan is accepted by Quest Diagnostics. For insurance billing questions please visit the Quest website at www.questdiagnostics.com and view the Insurance Provider List.
Lab results for your private physician are faxed from Quest directly to your healthcare provider at the fax number provided and follow up care is the obligation of the ordering healthcare provider. Cal Poly will not receive copies of your lab results; we provide this service as a convenience to you while you are enrolled at Cal Poly. If your doctor has not received your lab results please contact Quest directly at: 866-MYQUEST (866-697-8378) or Click Here to contact Quest
For any other questions Click Here to contact Quest (i.e. current pricing, additional information, or billing)
The Student Health Center Clinical Laboratory is licensed by the State of California and accredited by CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), and CLIA, (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments). The laboratory has been awarded the highest commendation - The Laboratory Excellence Award, by COLA (Commission of Laboratory Accreditation), for “outstanding performance in quality patient testing and overall exemplary application of the principles of laboratory practices.”
The Student Health Center’s Clinical Laboratory staff is comprised of licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists and certified Phlebotomy Technicians, all licensed by the State of California.