SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
|Loss of energy
|Feelings of Guilt
|Inability to enjoy former interests
|Unexplained crying spells
|Feelings of worthlessness
|Significant appetite changes
|Inability to concentrate
|Significant changes in sleep patterns
Facts About Depression
- Depression strikes nearly 20 million Americans each year.
- Two-thirds of people suffering from depression do not seek the necessary treatment.
- The suicide rate is as high as 15% for people with untreated severe depression.
- Treatment works. More than 80% of all people with clinical depression who receive proper treatment significantly improve their lives.
- Screenings are often times the first step in getting help.